Redwings Horse Sanctuary invites visitors to donate carrots
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
Visitors to a Norfolk horse sanctuary are being asked to mark international carrot day by supporting its rescued animals.
Redwings Horse Sanctuary is to provide 'carrot drop stops' at its visitor centres in Aylsham and Caldecott, near Great Yarmouth, later this month.
The charity is inviting people to leave a bag of carrots or make a £1 or £5 donation from Friday, March 30 to Monday, April 2.
International carrot day is celebrated every year on April 4 to raise awareness of the versatility and health benefits of the vegetable.
On Saturday, March 31 and April 1, each visitor centre will also host a series of activities for children and adults.
You may also want to watch:
Redwings Aylsham, in Spa Lane, and Redwings Cadelcott, in Beccles Road, Fritton are open every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 10am to 4pm (closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays). Entry is free and dogs on leads are welcome.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze