Redlingfield man to walk the Suffolk Coastal Path for new recreational ground
- Credit: Archant
A man from Redlingfield is to walk 30 miles along the Suffolk Coastal Path, from Lowestoft to Aldeburgh, to raise money for charity.
Tony Freitas will be taking on the challenge to raise money for Redlingfield Doorstep Green.
He is hoping to raise £1,000 for the cause, which is looking to convert a two acre piece of farmland into a recreation and wildlife amenity for the village.
The aim is to add to the three quarter acre recreation area called Redlingfield Doorstep Green, which was created 10 years ago.
Janet Norman-Philips, Redlingfield parish clerk said: 'For a tiny village there are a large number of children and young people.
You may also want to watch:
'What we didn't realise at the time was just how popular the green was going to be and that it was far too small. Over the past few years we have raised £27,000 to buy an additional two acres of agricultural land to extend the Doorstep Green.'
To donate go to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/redlingfieldfundraisingwalk.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 7 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list