Redgrave band to rock with Status Quo
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Up-and-coming Redgrave rock band Walkway will once again be supporting British favourites Status Quo, when the band embarks on their UK tour.
Formed in 2008 by brothers Chris and James Ready, 23 and 21, the band, which also compromises of Alex Rosedale, 24, and Joe Evans 25, are influenced by Van Halen, Led Zeppelin and AC/DC.
In August they supported rockers Status Quo at Holkham Hall, near Wells and will once again be supporting the band on part of their 2015 tour with confirmed dates at Burghley House, Lincolnshire on Saturday, June 6 and Hatfield House, Hatfield on Saturday, June 20.
Chris Ready the band's lead singer said: 'We're absolutely over the moon and chuffed and we can't wait to do it again.
'We rehearsed really hard the first time and it's paid off. It's a very good sign they've asked us to support them again. It's very exciting and we can't wait.'
You may also want to watch:
The unsigned band, who have also supported Lowestoft's The Darkness and Black Stone Cherry, released their debut album, Top Shelf Content, in 2012 and their second album, Streetwise, was released in September this year.
The band are a popular fixture on the touring scene, having done 112 gigs this year, and have held shows in Europe and are continuing where they left off next year.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
Mr Ready added: 'We've got new areas of the country to see next year and should have the same amount of shows then this year, if not more. It's very exciting and our aim is to get to sign for a major label and if we could have a career like Status Quo that would be great.'
For more information about the band, visit www.officialwalkway.com