Pub asks for donations to Christmas toy appeal
- Credit: Craft Union Pubs
A Norfolk pub is asking for donations for its toy appeal to make sure all families in the town can give their children a present this Christmas.
The Red Lion in Dereham is asking people to drop off any unwanted or unused toys ahead of the festive season.
Although the premises will remain closed due to Tier 2 coronavirus restrictions, the Craft Union Pub will be setting up socially distant drop-off times for those who would like to donate.
Simone Knight, owner of The Red Lion, said: "In these difficult times it is more important for us to help those in need.
"We are asking for donations to help us make all of those families who are struggling have a nice Christmas."
You may also want to watch:
The pub also received a signed card from the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk, Lady Dannatt, for the "extraordinary contributions" it made during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Anybody who has a toy to donate should message the pub on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time to drop off their donation.
The Red Lion can also pick up gifts from residents in the area.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 5 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers