Red Arrows pilot captures amazing photo of Norwich from the air
- Credit: Archant
A Red Arrows pilot captured an incredible photo of Norwich as he flew 30,000 feet above the city's skyline on Thursday.
Squadron Leader Mike Ling was taking part in a solo flight when he took the picture yesterday morning.
In it you can clearly make out some of the city's most famous landmarks including Carrow Road, Norwich Cathedral and Mousehold Heath.
He shared the photo on his Twitter account @RAFRed10 and tweeted: 'Not quite as amazing as pics by @astro_timpeake but #Norwich did look splendid from 30,000 feet this morning.'
The full nine-pilot team will return to the region later this summer when they perform at the Cromer Carnival in August.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home