Red Arrows, Cossack warriors and Battle of Britain display - plans for Holkham Country Fair unveiled
- Credit: Ian Burt
Plans for one of East Anglia's biggest celebrations of rural life are well underway.
Tickets are now available for the biennial Holkham Country Fair which takes place at the Holkham Estate, near Wells, on July 22 and July 23.
The event was established 30 years ago by the late 7th Earl of Leicester Edward Coke, to educate children about the countryside.
It attracts thousands of people.
Organiser Sarah Green said: 'This year's country fair is already looking to be our best yet with an array of countryside attractions, stands and non-stop entertainment over the two days.
You may also want to watch:
'We are delighted to be welcoming not only large scale demonstrations but also a wide range of businesses to showcase their products to visitors.'
Entertainment in the grand ring will include Dzhigitovka! - The Way of the Cossack Warrior.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
This sees the legendary warriors on horseback, masters of the Shashka sword, throwing knifes, pistol, archery, lance and gymnastic skills.
The Royal Air Force (RAF) Aerobatics Team, The Red Arrows, are due to make an appearance on the Sunday.
Further highlights include an opportunity to see a Second World War Spitfire, Hurricane and Dakota with a RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight display, Gamegoer Gundog Display with Graham Watkins, CJ's Birds of Prey and The Band of The Parachute Regiment with the traditional Children's March Past.
Admission for children aged 14 and under is free.
Ms Green said: 'We want visitors of all ages to visit this year's action-packed country fair as there is so much to see and do.
'From the ever-growing grand ring line-up, endless shopping, competitions and demonstrations there really is something for everyone. Even your four-legged friends are invited.'
Tickets can now be bought, with money-saving discounts for advanced tickets available until midnight on May 1.
Camping and caravanning is available. For more information or to book tickets visit: http://www.holkhamcountryfair.co.uk