Red Arrows cancel Eye Show display after tragedy
The Red Arrows have pulled out of their upcoming appearance in north Suffolk, it has been confirmed.
There had been serious doubt about the availability of the world-famous display team at the Eye Show after the death of a pilot in a crash on Saturday.
The Red Arrows' Hawk jets have been grounded by the Ministry of Defence following the tragic accident at Bournemouth that killed Flt Lt Jon Egging.
The organisers of the Eye Show received confirmation yesterday that the Red Arrows would not be appearing on Sunday.
However, many fans are expected to turn out dressed in red to honour the world famous display team.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Seeley, director of the two day show at Palgrave, near Diss, said: 'It is a great shame but we have to keep perspective of why and that is very important. It was a tragic accident and we cannot account for that.
'The show will go on and there is still a lot of great entertainment over the two days.'
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
Mr Seeley said the Red Arrows' time slot on Sunday would be filled by the Yakolevs Aerobatic Display Team, who will also be appearing on Monday.
The Eye Show and Country Fair is at Goodrich Park on Sunday and Monday, from 10am to 7pm. For more information visit www.eyeshow.org