Garments made from recycled plastic to go on show at Forum
- Credit: Archant
Clothing made from recycled plastic will be displayed at the One Planet Norwich Festival next weekend.
The garments, created by the nine finalists of Recycle for Norfolk's fashion design challenge competition, will go on show at the Forum.
It will form part of Recycle for Norfolk's 'Putting Recycled Plastic on the Catwalk!'campaign, which aims to showcase the many uses of recycled plastic.
Budding fashion designers living or studying in Norfolk submitted entries as part of the challenge, which is being sponsored by Marks and Spencer, RPC Group plc, RECOUP and the Norfolk Waste Partnership.
Finalists were then provided with materials and a polyester fabric produced from PET recycled bottles to create their garment.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich finalist Emily Bridges said: 'When I got the call to say my design had been selected, I was over the moon.'
The show takes place at the Forum on Saturday, June 9.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17