Record numbers of Norwich City fans sign up for next year’s season tickets
Record numbers of Norwich City fans have already signed up for next year's season tickets.
By Saturday's first deadline for the 2011-12 campaign, more than 20,500 supporters had purchased season tickets in all areas of Carrow Road for next year – 2,000 up on last year's previous first deadline record of 18,533.
This season's incredible first deadline total is higher than the 19,250 who bought season tickets to watch City in the Premier League in 2004-05.
Chief Executive David McNally said: 'These figures are once again testament to the brilliant supporters we are privileged to have at Norwich City.
'We had to make some big decisions when we reviewed our season ticket strategy for the 2011-12 campaign.
'We increased the price of ground season tickets by �1.50 per game in most areas and by more in some areas like the lounges in the Geoffrey Watling City Stand, where we are undertaking an exciting refurbishment of the facilities to bring them up to Premier League standards.
'We changed the starting age for adult concessions from 60 to 65, but we also froze prices for our young supporters in the Under-21, Under-16 and Under-12 categories in recognition of the tough financial climate for families and the need to encourage future generations of City fans to come to Carrow Road.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 4 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 5 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 6 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 7 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 10 Key worker couple celebrate 'fairy tale' day after winning £32,000 wedding
'The response from our supporters has been superb. Our pledge to them is that every spare penny generated by season ticket sales everywhere in the ground goes straight into Paul Lambert's playing budget.'
City boss Paul Lambert said the fans were huge for the club.
He added: 'What they've done in supporting us both home and away has been fantastic during what has happened in the 18 months here.
'To sell over 20,000 season tickets already just underlines their superb support and commitment to the club.'
The current total of season ticket holders for this 2010-11 campaign is 21,063 – the highest-ever total in the club's 109-year history.
City's home game against Preston North End on Saturday attracted 25,572 to Carrow Road, and included the biggest sale to supporters in home areas since the stadium became all-seater in 1992.
The second deadline for season ticket renewals is Saturday, April 9.