Hundreds set to line up for popular event as East Coast Run returns
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Record numbers of runners look set to hit the startline as a popular race returns to the east coast.
The East Coast Run 2018 returns to Great Yarmouth today (Sunday, October 14) with organisers expecting hundreds of people to flock to town.
It comes after a record number of advanced entries – 1,000 – have been received by the race organisers Great Yarmouth Borough Council, in association with the Great Yarmouth Road Runners, compared to 800 last year.
A council spokesman said: 'The race has grown in stature year-on-year.'
Open to all people aged 16 and over, the race circuit, which is all on-road, starts and ends at St George's Park, and includes historic and tourist landmarks around the town and seafront. The race headquarters will be at St George's Theatre and spectators are encouraged to come along and support the runners.
You may also want to watch:
The course consists of multiple laps along the fast and flat pavements and promenade of Great Yarmouth.
The run starts at 10.30am with all participants receiving a race momento, and there are also age category prizes plus prizes for the leading runners.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers