Record numbers audition for Norfolk’s Thursford Christmas Spectacular
- Credit: Ian Burt
Some 700 hopefuls from across the world applied for just 22 places in the line-up which will tap, kick and cavort across the stage on the opening night in November.
Auditions were held at the Dance Attic Studios, in London.
'The auditions went fantastically well. Cutting the numbers down is always a difficult process for the production team,' said choreographer Tracey Iliffe.
'Our quality is equal to the West End using a range of top quality performers, and with a record level of interest we're looking forward to working with our new incredible line up of dancers.'
Thousands will travel to the tiny village near Fakenham to see the famous show, with its three hours of non-stop singing, dancing, music, humour and variety.
You may also want to watch:
Director and producer John Cushing said: 'Around 180,000 people visit Thursford over Christmas, which is a similar number to the attendance at Glastonbury.
'The number of visitors is clearly fantastic for the local economy, but I get the greatest amount of joy from the smiles on the faces of truly happy customers who have enjoyed a memorable musical and visual experience, second to none in Norfolk.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
The fast moving festive show has a cast of 130 professional singers, dancers and musicians who collaborate on 85 different pieces. Costumnes include 1,000 ostrich feathers and more than 10,000 rhinestones.
The Christmas Spectacular takes place at the Thursford Collection, which last year attracted more than 250,000 visitors.
It offers Christmas fun for all ages, with children's stage shows, a 4D theatre, and Santa's Magical Journey where children can meet penguins, polar bears and visit Santa in his toy filled house before seeing the show.