24,500 tickets already sold for 2018 Thursford Christmas Spectacular before this year’s event has even finished
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk's biggest musical extravaganza goes from strength to strength with more than 24,500 tickets already sold for 2018's Thursford Christmas Spectacular - with several days still left of this year's shows.
Thousands travel each year to the tiny village, near Fakenham, to see the famous show, with its three hours of non-stop singing, dancing, music, humour and variety.
It will be celebrating its 42st year in 2018 and promotions and marketing manager George Cushing said: 'We sold 24,500 tickets for 2018 on the first day they went on sale, which is a record.
'This year (2017) was sold out well before the run started as well, which has never happened before.'
Thursford's sold-out run does not end until December 23, with eight shows remaining, but Mr Cushing said thoughts were already turning to next year's event.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'There are about 110,000 tickets on sale, but most of them get taken up by coach companies. We let individuals buy the first tickets.
'This year we put on two extra shows and next year there will be another three shows - making a total of 80. We will have a few big surprises at next year's event, which I cannot really divulge now.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
'We constantly upgrade each year and add to the show. The budget for the upgrade is £500,000 annually.'
The show features a cast of 130 professional performers and musicians, many from the West End, and the talented cast put on a musical extravaganza for their audiences - who travel to see them dance, sing, and glide across the 140ft stage.
Mr Cushing added: 'There's nothing like it in the whole world. People come from every county in the country to this tiny village in the middle of nowhere. There's this incredible West End standard in Norfolk with such a talented cast made up of serious professionals.
'Lots of people say it's the best show they've ever seen. About 75pc of our audience comes from outside Norfolk. There's no one show in the country like it.
The Christmas Spectacular takes place at the Thursford Collection. For more information and tickets, visit https://tickets.thursford.com/WEBPAGES/EntaWebShow/ShowPerformance.aspx