Reader photos: People in Norfolk and Suffolk soak up the sun
The summer finally seems to have arrived in Norfolk and north Suffolk and people are taking the chance to top up their suntans.
With the school holidays now in full swing, families are flocking to beaches and parks to enjoy the warm weather.
However, people are being warned to make the most of the good weather, as a return to cooler temperatures and mixed conditions are predicted for the weekend.
Forecaster at University of East Anglia-based Weatherquest, Chris Bell, said temperatures at Norwich International Airport had reached around 23C to 24C.
He said: 'Tomorrow may end up being the hottest day but the next two or three days should be in the mid to upper 20s.
'The thing to emphasise is this is going to be for a short period of time and we are going to be looking at these sorts of temperatures for a fairly short while.
'It will probably stay like this through to Thursday or Friday but at the weekend we could well see showers.
- 1 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 6 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 7 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 8 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 9 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 10 City weigh up Hugill's next move
'So we need to make good of it while this lasts!'
Tourist attractions around our region are feeling the benefits of the warm weather, including in north Suffolk, where the Beccles Lido outdoor swimming pool had 550 visitors by 12.30pm.
Hot air from the Azores is said to be heating up the region, taking temperatures above the usual average of around 22C for this time of the year.
- Are you having fun in the sun? Send us your pictures via iwitness24.co.uk and see whether your photos making it into our readers' photos gallery.