Reader letter: ‘Fakenham’s Highfield Road car park resembles a First World War battle area’
- Credit: Archant
Putting the future use of Fakenham's Highfield Road car, lorry and coach park in the melting pot does not remove from North Norfolk District Council the obligation to maintain it to standard which the public is entitled to expect.
From my garden I look out on an area which resembles a First World War battle area.
It is littered with huge, deep craters, which as I write are filled with water.
And the removal of the car park's litter bin has resulted in a marked increase in rubbish scattered about.
What a sorry advert for the town this shows to visitors looking to park before they walk into the town centre.
I look forward to some basic maintenance before the dull thud of the next council tax bill on my doormat.
- 1 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 Panoramic views for every customer after award-winning restaurant's refurb
- 7 Critics hope to deal significant blow to controversial NDR Western Link
- 8 Norfolk boxer fined for exercising in Chapelfield Gardens during lockdown
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 10 Teenage girls in hospital after unprovoked mob attack