Rats! Pests become problem on Cromer Pier
- Credit: PA
Rats have become a problem on Cromer Pier over the busy summer with discarded food and fishermen's waste being pinpointed as possible causes.
Tom FitzPatrick, leader of pier owner North Norfolk District Council, said: 'Our environmental team is dealing with the issue and we are working to clear food sources that may have attracted rats to the promenade.'
Michael Gill, who fishes from the pier, commented on Facebook: 'Recently myself and a few other local anglers have been seeing rats all over the pier.'
He urged fellow fishermen to put their bait and wrappers in bins provided and not leave them on the deck or seating.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting