Watch: 'Persistent' rat climbs washing line for food
- Credit: Melissa Paterson
Video captures 'persistent' rat climbing washing line to get food from bird feeders.
Melissa Paterson, from Sutton, near Stalham, recorded the rodent in her garden on July 12 and shared it on social media, prompting hundreds of mixed reactions.
The 26-year-old caught the rat in its somewhat successful mission after a few failed attempts.
She said: "It had come into the garden a couple of times beforehand and it was climbing on the tree trunk to get on the line. It had climbed up the stick that holds the line up and kept falling.
"It was very persistent. It was very fascinating to watch. It did get to it in the end and hasn't come back since."
You may also want to watch:
Miss Paterson who lives near farm fields has since removed the bird feeders as not to attract the rat back.
"It was just looking for food and the bird feeders were there and it spotted an opportunity", she added.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 6 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 7 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Dad who threw daughter into cot cleared of murder
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
Some people found the post entertaining while others were not so keen on seeing the rodent up to its tried and tested acrobatic antics.