Rapper Dizzee Rascal pulls out of Sundown Festival in Norfolk
Dizzee Rascal has pulled out of the Sundown Festival.
The headline act has left organisers with a month and a half to find a replacement after pulling out of what was set to be one of the biggest music events of the year.
The rapper was one of two acts billed as headliners - the other being electronic music duo Chase and Status - for the September 1 - 2 festival, which has changed its name from The Norfolk Spectacular.
Festival spokesman Dion Clements said: 'We are working hard to try and replace our head line act.
'While he is a big name, he is one in a long line of top acts.
You may also want to watch:
'People should not be worried in the slightest, I would hope people would hold on until we have replaced Dizzee before thinking again about the festival.'
The event was a huge success last year, with 40,000 people attending over two days, and Mr Clements said the organisers expect even more this time around.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Farmers hope to unlock 'huge potential' of cannabis crops
- 10 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
Olly Murs, Pixie Lott, Alexandra Stan, Stooshe, Radio 1's Zane Lowe, Katy B, Ms Dynamite, Dot Rotten, Sub Focus, Diana Vickers and Labrinth are just some of the names confirmed for the festival.