Rapist who wore Incredible Hulk onesie admits attacking woman in Great Yarmouth
A Colchester man is due to be sentenced next week after admitting raping a young woman in a holiday park during a Norfolk music event.
Paul Gigg, of Chinook, Highwoods, was wearing an Incredible Hulk onesie when he attacked his victim.
Gigg was arrested after his 20-year-old victim described what her attacker was wearing to police, along with other details of the assault.
The attack occurred during a Kiss Weekender event at Vauxhall Holiday Park in Acle New Road, Great Yarmouth.
Gigg attacked the woman between 12.30am and 1.30am on Saturday, October 20.
You may also want to watch:
Hundreds of people from all over the region attended the music event over the course of the weekend.
Following the assault officers sealed off the area, carried out a search of the site, and spoke to residents during door-to-door inquiries.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
Gigg, a chef, was arrested three days later. After being interviewed under caution, he was charged with rape.
He was kept in custody until his first court appearance on the accusation, which was at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on October 24.
The case was then committed to crown court.
Gigg pleaded guilty to rape at his plea and case management hearing before Norwich Crown Court.
The case was adjourned for pre-sentence reports.
The 30-year-old is due to be sentenced at the same court on January 28.
He is currently remanded in custody
The Kiss Weekender was scheduled to be a three-day event, which had been due to run from Friday, October 19, to Sunday, October 21.
It was advertised as strictly for over-18s only.
The DJ-led weekend consisted of two rooms of dance music, with a pool party on Saturday.