Rape allegation at 2011 Latitude Festival
A man has been arrested following an allegation of rape at this year's Latitude Festival.
A 24-year-old man has been arrested after an allegation of rape from a 20-year-old woman attending the festival at Henham Park, between Beccles and Southwold.
Police were alerted around 7am this morning to the park.
The incident is believed to have happened inside a tent on the staff campsite and the area has been cordoned off while initial investigations take place at the scene.
It is thought both parties knew each other before attending the festival.
You may also want to watch:
The 20-year-old woman is currently being spoken to by specially trained officers to get a full account of what happened.
The 24-year-old man has been taken into custody at Lowestoft Police Station where he will be interviewed by detectives.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Earlier this year organisers Festival Republic said they were keen to make the festival a safe place following last year's event, which was also rocked by two allegations of rape.
Both allegations were fully investigated by officers from Suffolk Police, with one of the allegations leading to the arrest of a man, who later faced no further police action, and the second has since been closed following a thorough investigation.