Range Rover lifts veil of secrecy by revealing all-new Velar
- Credit: Land Rover
A new fourth member of the Range Rover family was revealed today when Land Rover released a teaser picture of the Velar.
Range Rover today released a teaser picture of its all-new avant garde Velar that will slot into the family between the Evoque and Range Rover Sport.
The luxury sport utility vehicle was created in 1970 when Land Rover launched the original Range Rover. Almost half a century later that spirit of innovation continues with the introduction of the fourth member of the Range Rover family, to be officially unveiled next Wednesday.
Gerry McGovern, Land Rover chief design officer, said: 'We call the Velar the avant garde Range Rover. It brings a new dimension of glamour, modernity and elegance to the brand. The Range Rover Velar changes everything.'
Elegant simplicity, a visually reductive approach and pioneering consumer technology are the hallmarks of the new Range Rover Velar.
You may also want to watch:
Refined for every occasion, for every terrain, Velar uses unique sustainable materials and advanced engineering to continue Land Rover's drive to go Above and Beyond.
The origin of the Velar name – pronounced vel-ar – dates back to the first Range Rover prototypes of the Sixties, the pioneers of the luxury SUV landscape.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
When development engineers needed to hide the true identity of the 26 pre-production Range Rovers, they chose the name Velar, derived from the Latin velare meaning to veil or cover.
What are your first impressions of the new Range Rover Velar? Email firstname.lastname@example.org