Rallying call to owners for Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival
- Credit: supplied
The best of British motoring nostalgia will gather at Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival on Sunday, September 25.
It follows the success of the events the previous two years which sees Market Place in the centre of the Norfolk town closed to through traffic and filled with classic cars and bikes for the trip down motoring memory lane at the all-day event from 8am until 6pm.
This year's vent has the team of Great Britain, with half of the available places for cars dedicated to great British vehicles.
Invited clubs will include Alvis, Armstrong Siddley, Aston Martin, Bentley, Ford, Gilburn, Jaguar, Lagonda, Rolls-Royce, TVR, Vauxhall and many more. The event will also feature iconic British motorcycles including BSA, Norton, Triumph and Velocette.
It promises to be a another wonderful occasion for families and enthusiasts alike with more than 40 individuals already signed up to bring their cars and the Alvis Owners Club has committed to come with 10 cars.
You may also want to watch:
The earliest is an Alvis 12/50 Shooting Brake, from 1928, and the most recent is a TE21 from the mid 1960s.
The remaining places for non-British cars and bikes will be allocated based upon a mix of outstanding exhibits from the last two years and particularly interesting newcomers.
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 5 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
The chosen charity this year will be the National Association of Blood Bikes, a voluntary organisation whose supporters deliver urgent supplies of blood to hospital accident and emergency departments throughout the country free of charge.
Any individuals or clubs wishing to display vehicles at Reepham Classic Car and Bike Festival should email a brief description of their vehicle, and picture if possible to Peter Fitzjohn at email@example.com
The organisers will finalise their selection during the summer and each applicant will be informed of the final list.