Rallying call for the Boxing Day dips
- Credit: Archant
It is as much a Christmas tradition as the turkey and tinsel as those with an adventurous spirit are being sought to take part in Boxing Day dips.
The North Norfolk Beach Runners (NNBR) Boxing Day Dip 2015 takes place in Cromer from 10am onwards.
This year the chosen charity is Mesothelioma UK (an asbestos related cancer) in memory of friend and running colleague Alec Fraser who died of this cancer last Christmas.
There will be a fun run at 10am then the actual dip is at 11am to the side of Cromer Pier.
Chairman of NNBR Clive Hedges, said; 'It's a great way to blow away the excesses of Christmas Day and gain bragging rights for the remainder of the Christmas holidays.'
Mundesley Volunteer Inshore Lifeboat will also be holding their annual Boxing Day dip at the Boat House, Beach Road in Mundelsey at 11am.
Refreshments will be served from 10.30am and people are welcome to come in fancy dress. There will be a prize for the best adult and child fancy dress.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 5 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 6 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
At Sea Palling the fifth annual 'Lets Do It Anyway' charity dip in the sea will take place on Boxing Day at midday with people asked to arrive no later than 11.45am.
People are asked make a donation of their choice in the charity box on the day.
All funds raised will go towards the 'Lets Do It Anyway' 2016 New Year Wish, working to help make people's wishes come true.
If anyone would like to raise donations through sponsorship they can e-mail email@example.com for a 'Lets Do It Anyway' sponsor form or set up a Justgiving fundraising page by following the link www.justgiving.com/letsdoitanyway/.
The Overstrand Boxing Day Dip takes take place at 11.30am with people meeting at the top of the beach slope.
A New Year's Day dip will also be held in Bacton at 1pm with staff and customers from the Poachers Pocket pub in the village raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support.