Raise your stein to Oktoberfest charity event
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Steins were at the ready last night as Norwich venue Open was transformed into a bierkeller for an Oktoberfest event.
Beer fans descended on the venue to get a taste of Bavarian food, drink, and entertainment - and it was all for a good cause as proceeds went back into the community work Open carries out in the city.
A spokesman for Norwich Open said: 'Every penny of profit from Oktoberfest Norwich, enables us to fund activities for young people, giving the most disadvantaged the life skills, confidence to follow their passion or find meaningful work. Last year's event raised over £10,000 and we are hoping to raise as much again this year.'
Open helps young people who have suffered from abuse, self-harm, low self-esteem, bullying and mental health issues.
The Oktoberfest event runs until October 13 and tickets are still available. To buy tickets visit the Open Norwich website or call the box office on 01603 763111.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich