Month's worth of rain in 24 hours in parts of Norfolk
- Credit: Dan Holley
A month's worth of rain fell in 24 hours in parts of Norfolk, leaving homes and businesses flooded.
A map tweeted by Meteorologist and weather presenter, Dan Holley, revealed the extent of the heavy rainfall across East Anglia.
Parts of South Norfolk and the Broads were worst hit causing serious flooding.
In his tweet Mr Holley wrote: “EAST: It's been a thoroughly wet 24 hours across a swathe of the Midlands into East Anglia.
"Many stations have recorded in excess of 50mm, equating to a month's worth of rain in just 24 hours in places...”
You may also want to watch:
Today, on Christmas Eve, families, home owners and businesses have been left dealing with the aftermath.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone