Railway Tavern’s fundraising supports two charities - Breast Cancer Now and Nelson’s Journey
- Credit: Paul Sandford
The Railway Tavern in Dereham raised £154 for Breast Cancer Now charity at the Dereham Carnival.
The money was collected during the parade on the float which was decorated with a pink theme. Landlord Paul Sandford presented a cheque to Barbara Bishop from the charity.
The pub's next fundraiser is its annual charity day Hugfest on Saturday, August 5.
This will again be supporting bereavement charity Nelson's Journey in memory of Adrian 'Huggy' Hargreaves.
Mr Sandford said: 'This year we have the best live music line up so far with a Who tribute band Quadrophonia headlining in the evening.
You may also want to watch:
'We have some amazing sporting memrobilia prizes including a Lonsdale belt, a signed and framed Paul Gascoigne boot, and signed and framed Frank Bruno boxing shorts.'
Donations of raffle prizes are welcome.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club