Railway lines reopen between Diss and Norwich after person was hit by a train
- Credit: Archant
All railway lines between Diss and Norwich were blocked this morning, after a person was hit by a train.
A spokeswoman for Greater Anglia said it happened at around 9.30am, between Diss and Trowse.
Lines reopened around 2pm, with disruption expected until around 3pm.
Police and the air ambulance were on the scene, and passengers on the train affected were told they would be waiting at least 45 minutes to get moving again.
Greater Anglia said train services running to and from these stations would be cancelled, delayed by up to 90 minutes or revised, while emergency services dealt with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Passengers were advised to check the Greater Anglia website, or app, before they travel.
And if delayed for more than 30 minutes, passengers may be entitled to compensation. For more details, click here.
A replacement bus service ran between Diss and Norwich.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
Specific services affected included the 11am Norwich to Witham service, which was cancelled.
And the 10.04am Witham to Norwich service - originally due to arrive in Norwich at 11.27am - was expected to be 30 minutes late.
For more information on rail delays, click here.