Rail passengers travelling between Norwich and London can expect delays this Easter
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling between Norfolk, Suffolk, Essex and London can expect delays this Easter as work gets underway to improve the line.
Network Rail will be working from Friday, April 14 to Monday, April 17 to carry out construction work at Shenfield and stations on the Transport for London (TfL) rail line.
Further work is to be carried out to replace overhead wires at Seven Kings as part of the company's railway upgrade plan.
Over the four-day period, almost 7km of new heat-resistant wires will be installed at Seven Kings.
Network Rail said once complete, heat-related speed restrictions can be lifted, meaning fewer delays for passengers travelling all the way to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, new signalling equipment, which has been installed at Shenfield, will be tested. Improvement work will also continue at stations between Shenfield and Stratford.
More than 180 metres of track will be renewed at Pudding Mill Lane - between Stratford and London Liverpool Street - in preparation for its connection to the Elizabeth Line tunnel entrance.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
Network Rail said engineers have spent 4,782 hours replacing 1,300 sleepers, 6,420 tonnes of ballast and 200 tonnes of rail at Romford over the past 10 weekends.
Crossrail construction work also took place to install over 200 new CCTV cameras between Maryland and Brentwood and to modify platforms between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield.
Between April 14 to April 17, there will be:
• No TfL rail service between London Liverpool Street and Shenfield. Rail replacement bus services will run every 15 minutes calling at all stops, except Liverpool Street and Maryland.
• London Overground services between Romford and Upminster are also suspended, customers are advised to use the local 370 bus service.
• Excluding April 16, rail replacement buses will run for journeys between Ingatestone/Billericay and London Liverpool Street via Newbury Park where Greater Anglia tickets will be accepted on the Central Line between Newbury Park and Liverpool Street
• On April 16, rail replacement buses will run for journeys between Ingatestone/Southend Victoria and London Liverpool Street via Newbury Park.