Rail disruption on the Norwich to Lowestoft and Norwich to London lines
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers are experiencing disruption on the Norwich to Lowestoft and Norwich to London lines today
There have been cancellations to services between Norwich and Lowestoft due to a fault with a river swing bridge at Somerleyton.
Abellio Greater Anglia is reporting that all lines are blocked and disruption is expected until 5.30pm.
The Abellio Greater Anglia website states a rail replacement bus, operated by Freestones Coaches, is operating between Norwich and Lowestoft via Oulton Broad North.
Valid Abellio Greater Anglia tickets will also be accepted on alternative routes available on the following First Norfolk/Suffolk local buses:
You may also want to watch:
X1 between Norwich and Lowestoft via Acle and Great Yarmouth
X2 X22 between Norwich and Lowestoft
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 5 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
There have also been cancellations on services between London Liverpool Street and Stratford due to plastic sheeting being caught on the overhead electric wires earlier today.
As of 4.30pm, the Abellio Greater Anglia website stated all lines have now reopened.
It said: 'Train services running to and from these stations are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 mins or revised.'
Disruption is expected until about 5pm.
For more information, visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk