Rail disruption on the Norwich to Lowestoft and Norwich to London lines
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers are experiencing disruption on the Norwich to Lowestoft and Norwich to London lines today
There have been cancellations to services between Norwich and Lowestoft due to a fault with a river swing bridge at Somerleyton.
Abellio Greater Anglia is reporting that all lines are blocked and disruption is expected until 5.30pm.
The Abellio Greater Anglia website states a rail replacement bus, operated by Freestones Coaches, is operating between Norwich and Lowestoft via Oulton Broad North.
Valid Abellio Greater Anglia tickets will also be accepted on alternative routes available on the following First Norfolk/Suffolk local buses:
X1 between Norwich and Lowestoft via Acle and Great Yarmouth
X2 X22 between Norwich and Lowestoft
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 'Man with a van' fined for dumping waste in village
There have also been cancellations on services between London Liverpool Street and Stratford due to plastic sheeting being caught on the overhead electric wires earlier today.
As of 4.30pm, the Abellio Greater Anglia website stated all lines have now reopened.
It said: 'Train services running to and from these stations are returning to normal but some services may still be cancelled, delayed by up to 45 mins or revised.'
Disruption is expected until about 5pm.
For more information, visit www.abelliogreateranglia.co.uk