Rail delays between Norwich and Ingatestone caused by problems to overhead wires
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers travelling to and from Norwich can expect delays this evening due to problems with overhead wires.
Train operator Greater Anglia said services between Ingatestone and Norwich are being forced to terminate at Ipswich,
A spokesman said it was due to damage to overhead electrical wires between Stowmarket and Diss.
Engineers from Network Rail were expected to complete the repair work by 8pm.
In the meantime, a replacement bus service is running between Ipswich and Diss, and a shuttle train is running from Diss to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
For details of Greater Anglia's Delay Repay scheme, visit www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life