Rail delays between Norwich and Ingatestone caused by problems to overhead wires
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Rail passengers travelling to and from Norwich can expect delays this evening due to problems with overhead wires.
Train operator Greater Anglia said services between Ingatestone and Norwich are being forced to terminate at Ipswich,
A spokesman said it was due to damage to overhead electrical wires between Stowmarket and Diss.
Engineers from Network Rail were expected to complete the repair work by 8pm.
In the meantime, a replacement bus service is running between Ipswich and Diss, and a shuttle train is running from Diss to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
For details of Greater Anglia's Delay Repay scheme, visit www.greateranglia.co.uk/about-us/our-performance/delay-repay
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 5 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules