Rail delays and cancellations between London Liverpool Street and Norwich after a person was hit by a train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Train services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich were disrupted this evening, after a person was hit by a train between Ipswich and Diss.
The incident was reported at around 5pm and disruption was expected until 8pm, but all lines reopened at around 9pm.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: 'Due to a person being hit by a train between Ipswich and Diss all lines are blocked.
'Train services through these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes. Disruption is expected until 8pm.
'Customers holding Advance Purchase tickets may travel on alternative services, if your designated train does not run.
You may also want to watch:
'We are sorry if your travel plans are affected by this disruption.'
Greater Anglia also tweeted: 'Diss - we are trying to resource rail replacement Buses to run between Ipswich and Norwich/Cambridge. Details are yet to be confirmed.'
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
The 5.35pm service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street, due in to Norwich at 7.30pm, was cancelled.
As was the 7pm London Liverpool Street to Norwich service, due at 8.51pm.
Greater Anglia said: 'Customers from Norwich and London Liverpool Street may travel via Ely and Cambridge, but an additional journey time of about 2 hours can be expected, compared to the usual journey time on the main line via Ipswich.'