Rail delays and cancellations between London Liverpool Street and Norwich after a person was hit by a train
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Train services between London Liverpool Street and Norwich were disrupted this evening, after a person was hit by a train between Ipswich and Diss.
The incident was reported at around 5pm and disruption was expected until 8pm, but all lines reopened at around 9pm.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said: 'Due to a person being hit by a train between Ipswich and Diss all lines are blocked.
'Train services through these stations may be subject to disruption on all routes. Disruption is expected until 8pm.
'Customers holding Advance Purchase tickets may travel on alternative services, if your designated train does not run.
You may also want to watch:
'We are sorry if your travel plans are affected by this disruption.'
Greater Anglia also tweeted: 'Diss - we are trying to resource rail replacement Buses to run between Ipswich and Norwich/Cambridge. Details are yet to be confirmed.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
The 5.35pm service from Norwich to London Liverpool Street, due in to Norwich at 7.30pm, was cancelled.
As was the 7pm London Liverpool Street to Norwich service, due at 8.51pm.
Greater Anglia said: 'Customers from Norwich and London Liverpool Street may travel via Ely and Cambridge, but an additional journey time of about 2 hours can be expected, compared to the usual journey time on the main line via Ipswich.'