Announcement due on the future of the RAF’s fighter jets
- Credit: Archant
An announcement is being made at RAF Marham this morning regarding the future of the United Kingdom's fighter jets.
Norfolk's RAF Marham will host a number of military personnel and it is expected that a host of announcements will be made about the RAF's fighter jets.
The Panavia Tornado GR4 is set to be making a departure from service in March and the RAF are making advanced preparations for this.
Currently there are two types of fighter jet that fly from RAF Marham, the Tornado GR4 and the Lighting.
The Tornado GR4 is the UK's primary ground attack jet and also fulfils an important reconnaissance role within the RAF. The Lightening is a multi-role aircraft capable of conducting a range of missions including air-to-surface and electronic warfare.
You may also want to watch:
RAF Marham is home to the frontline squadrons of the RAF's Tornado Force, which is ready for operations around the world, Tornados from RAF Marham have been involved in operations in the Middle East for more than 25 years.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire