Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- Credit: Archant
An RAF base is warning of a potential increase in noise levels across the region while personnel take part in flight training.
Members of the 48th Fighter Wing, from RAF Lakenheath, will be flying on a more frequent basis until Thursday (May 13).
The operation, which will see F-15 fighter jets take to the skies, is designed to demonstrate the wing's ability to rapidly generate an airborne response.
RAF Lakenheath says it will also provide aircrew and support personnel with the experience needed to capably support the NATO alliance.
The exercise does not include plans for low-altitude flying in the area and all training is being conducted in accordance with Ministry of Defence and UK airspace regulations.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with aircraft-related flying concerns can email the MOD via SWKfirstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach