RAF Lakenheath airman killed in mortocycle crash is named
A RAF Lakenheath airman who was killed in a motorcycle crash at the weekend has been named as Staff Sergeant Dovvom Torres.
Staff Sgt Torres, an aircraft fuel systems craftsman with the 48th Component Maintenance Squadron, was involved in the accident on the A134, near Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on Saturday.
Col John Quintas, 48th Fighter Wing Commander, said his thoughts and prayers went out to Staff Sergeant Torres' family and friends and added: 'Sergeant Torres was an exceptional NCO and valued patriot.
'His family, liberty wingmen, and countless friends in the United Kingdom and across the United States Air Force will mourn his death.
'Please remember all of them in your thoughts and prayers in the upcoming days and weeks ahead.'
You may also want to watch:
The cause of the accident is still under investigation.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low