New town radio station will feature a gardener’s question time
- Credit: SIMON FINLAY
Video has not killed the radio star in Wymondham
The voices of a market town will be hitting the airwaves in the coming months.
Radio Wymondham is making a comeback under the watchful eye of DJ Bob Johnson.
The new station is hoped to launch in the new year, and are looking for a place to base themselves, as well as recruiting staff in all areas, including news reading, content writing, social media, and events management.
The team are also hoping for a balance of male and female staff members to join them.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Johnson said: 'We hope to be catering for most with our music genre coverage and also specialising in talk radio subjects – one definite is a Gardener's Question Time!
'I've been DJing since early 1970's and I just love music – all music!'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 3 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
A Wymondham radio station was last attempted in December 2014.
Sign up to Radio Wymondham's email list at www.radiowymondham.com/intouch to get the latest news.