Radio Norwich presenter Rob Chandler could be at risk of losing job as part of restructuring exercise
- Credit: Archant
One of the region's most well-known radio hosts could be at risk of losing his job as part of a 'restructuring exercise'.
Radio Norwich's Rob Chandler is said to be one of 15 members of staff going through 'consultations' with operators Anglian Radio.
He has been the station's breakfast show presenter since leaving a similar role at Heart Radio in 2013.
Jonathan Hemmings, director of broadcasting, refused to say whether Mr Chandler was being made redundant when asked. It may well be that one or two roles change,' he said. 'He is in consultation and hasn't been made redundant, but I can't go beyond that.'
The consultations are taking place with staff across all of the company's stations, including North Norfolk Radio and The Beach.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hemmings said the company was looking to put its resources into other areas of the business, including social media, websites and apps.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 6 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 7 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting