Tier 4 forces BBC Radio Norfolk to change Canaries' commentary
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City fans who follow matchday commentary on the radio be greeted with unfamiliar voices this Boxing Day.
The Canaries visit fellow promotion-chasers Watford at Vicarage Road on Saturday, the first match after the county was moved into Tier 4 of coronavirus restrictions.
However, a BBC policy has meant that while the county remains in Tier 4, Radio Norfolk's usual commentary team will not be able to travel to away fixtures.
It means commentary for the Watford game will instead be provided by BBC Three Counties - with the usual build-up and post-match phone-in unaffected.
Sharing the news on Twitter, commentator Chris Goreham wrote: "While Norfolk is in Tier 4 we won’t be travelling to away games. This is BBC policy across Local Radio. You will still get full commentary of every single Canaries game on the radio.
You may also want to watch:
"Coverage of home games from Carrow Road is unaffected."
Arrangements for future away commentaries are yet to be confirmed.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays