Motorcyclist dies after crash with lorry near Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Police have confirmed a motorcyclist has died after a crash with a lorry at Rackheath.
Officers were called around 8.50am today to reports of a collision involving a motorcyclist and a Scania HGV on Salhouse Road.
The rider of the motorbike, a man aged in his 50s, died at the scene. The driver of the HGV was uninjured.
The road was closed in both directions whilst emergency services attended, and re-opened around 12.40pm.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of driving and riding prior to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
They are appealing to those with dashcam footage to come forward.
Witnesses should contact the Wymondham Roads Policing Team on 101.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
The Salhouse Road closure put extra strain on the already heavy traffic on Sprowston Road today, as it struggled to accommodate drivers going into Norwich.