Rackheath level crossing barrier “knocked off” by vehicle
- Credit: Archant
Train drivers were told to approach a level crossing in Rackheath with caution after a warning barrier was knocked off.
Network Rail said the Norwich Road/Salhouse Road crossing was damaged on April 1 by a vehicle at around 8.45am.
The company said trains using the rail line were cautioned about the issue, before the barrier was replaced.
A Network Rail spokesman said: 'A vehicle knocked the barrier off the crossing at Rackheath at approximately 8:45am on Sunday 1 April.
'Trains were cautioned over the crossing as a result.
You may also want to watch:
'The barrier was replaced and the crossing reopened for normal working at 12noon.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision