Ready to go - this weekend’s Race for Life events get underway
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Organisers have spent the day setting the stage for one of Norwich's biggest events of the year.
Cancer Research UK's Race for Life kicks off at the Norfolk showground with more than 6,000 women and children from across the region expected to take to the route.
Five events will be taking place over the two days.
Saturday will see children and women braving a muddy obstacle course with the Pretty Muddy Kids, Pretty Muddy 5k and 10k.
On Sunday, runners, walkers and dancers will take on the traditional Race for Life 5k and 10k will be taking place.
Event manager Gemma Turpin said: 'We're looking forward to a great weekend of Race for Life events - including our first ever Pretty Muddy Kids. We're so grateful to the many women and children who will be fundraising for us and to all the volunteers who will be giving up their time to make it a success.'
See Monday's paper for a photo special on Race for Life.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 6 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 7 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks