Ready to go - this weekend’s Race for Life events get underway
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Organisers have spent the day setting the stage for one of Norwich's biggest events of the year.
Cancer Research UK's Race for Life kicks off at the Norfolk showground with more than 6,000 women and children from across the region expected to take to the route.
Five events will be taking place over the two days.
Saturday will see children and women braving a muddy obstacle course with the Pretty Muddy Kids, Pretty Muddy 5k and 10k.
On Sunday, runners, walkers and dancers will take on the traditional Race for Life 5k and 10k will be taking place.
You may also want to watch:
Event manager Gemma Turpin said: 'We're looking forward to a great weekend of Race for Life events - including our first ever Pretty Muddy Kids. We're so grateful to the many women and children who will be fundraising for us and to all the volunteers who will be giving up their time to make it a success.'
See Monday's paper for a photo special on Race for Life.
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Woman who got stuck in marshes rescued by coastguards