Queen’s birthday flypast to pass over part of the region
- Credit: PA
A total of 31 military aircraft will pass over part of the region on their way to Buckingham Palace to celebrate the Queen's 90th birthday this afternoon.
The RAF planes will take part in a flypast over Buckingham Palace in honour of Queen Elizabeth at 1pm and will begin a loose formation off the Norfolk coast.
After heading over Southwold, the formation will fly directly over Essex, before reaching London and Buckingham Palace via Barbican.
The flypast will include Spitfire and Hurricane aircraft.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 8 Do you recognise this man?
- 9 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch