That’s no badger - Queen buys robot lawn mower to keep Sandringham in trim
- Credit: Archant
The Queen has bought a robot mower to keep the Royal lawn in trim.
It has been drafted in to keep the pristine turf at Sandringham neat and tidy, according to reports.
Mail Online says the monarch has bought a £1,399 Honda Miimo, which can keep up to 4,000 sq m of lawn under control.
One user told the website it was "a lazy way" of caring for her lawn.
Alison Whiter, from Overstrand, added: "We love it. I'd recommend one to anyone who wanted to cut down on the time they spend looking after their lawn."
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Whiter said the machine was "mesmerising to watch" when it was at work, although one of her neighbours had mistaken it for a badger.
It is not known whether the Queen has had the opportunity to observe her mower in action.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray