QEH wards closed by winter vomiting bug
Three wards at King's Lynn's Queen Elizabeth Hospital have been closed to new admissions because of the so-called winter vomiting bug, norovirus. At 11am yesterday morning 38 patients and six members of staff had been affected.
Three wards at King's Lynn's Queen Elizabeth Hospital have been closed to new admissions because of the so-called winter vomiting bug, norovirus.
At 11am this morning 38 patients and six members of staff had been affected. Wards closed to new admissions are Necton, Oxborough and West Raynham.
The hospital wants to remind visitors to all wards of its strict hand-hygiene policy.
A spokesman said: “Please use hand cleansing substances on entering and leaving wards, and at other points as directed.
“Ward staff will advise on any additional restrictions that may be necessary during your visit.
“If you are visiting patients in the hospital, please do not bring-in any children, flowers, chocolates, balloons or open food.
- 1 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 4 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 5 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 6 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 7 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 8 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 9 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
- 10 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
“Do not visit any part of the hospital if you have had diarrhoea and vomiting within the past 48 hours.
“Your co-operation in bringing this outbreak under control will be greatly appreciated.”
Norovirus is a highly contagious virus and the most common cause of stomach bugs is England and Wales.
People infected with norovirus are contagious from the moment they begin feeling ill to at least three days after recovery.
Some people may be contagious for as long as two weeks after recovery.