Norfolk discount store to take over former Poundstretcher building
- Credit: QD
A budget chain is opening a new high street store this week in a former Poundstretcher.
The new store, located on London Street in Swaffham, replaces the smaller QD-owned Thing-Me-Bobs outlet in the town’s Market Place.
All of Thing-Me-Bobs' 10 staff are transferring to the new QD, alongside manager Steve Daymond, with an additional seven new jobs created by the move into a bigger premises.
Mr Daymond, who was the manager of the town’s Thing-Me-Bobs said: “We have worked very hard to ensure we are Covid-safe so our shoppers can visit us with confidence.
“It is great to have new staff joining our team too and we all can’t wait to welcome new and existing customers to the store.”
You may also want to watch:
QD is an independent, family-owned chain of high street value retail outlets with 27 stores across the country.
The Swaffham store will open to the public on Thursday, February 25.
- 1 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 2 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 3 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 4 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 5 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 6 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 7 A11 closure as lorries with huge loads get stuck at roadworks
- 8 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 9 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab
- 10 Convicted sex offender exposed himself to woman