Put best feet forward in Lowestoft for charity
Entrants are now being sought for one of Lowestoft's biggest fund-raising events.
Runners and walkers are being encouraged to sign up for this year's WaterWalk along Lowestoft seafront on Sunday, September 18, raising money to help the fight against cancer.
The event, which is sponsored by Essex & Suffolk Water, is now in its fifth year and has already generated more than �20,000 for Cancer Research UK.
It is hoped hundreds of people will complete either a three or five-mile course from Royal Green to Pakefield, collecting thousands of pounds in sponsorship.
The event will be followed by the release of dozens of balloons with messages of hope in the fight against cancer.
James Muir is a customer manager for Essex & Suffolk Water, based at St Mary's contact centre in Lowestoft, who organised the walk with colleague Dee Chapman.
Mr Muir said: 'This event is a brilliant way to bring the local community together in the fight against cancer.'
- 1 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 5 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
Families and corporate teams can take part. Entry is �5 per person (�4 until May 31) or �20 for teams of five. Children under 14 are free but must be accompanied by an adult. To register log on to www.waterwalk.co.uk or call 01502 534005.