Push for ‘outstanding’ begins at Great Yarmouth school
- Credit: Archant
Ofsted has heaped praise on a Great Yarmouth primary school, showering it with superlatives.
Inspectors had nothing but good things to say about Homefield Primary School in Bradwell following their visit earlier in the month.
In an 11-page report the body that sets standards in the classroom could not have been more positive with especially loud applause for the behaviour and safety of pupils which was judged as outstanding and said to be of an 'exceptionally high standard'.
The report also hands out a glowing appraisal of the headteacher Ryan Freeman.
Elsewhere the report states that pupils take pride in their work, show great respect for the learning environment and enjoy school.
You may also want to watch:
Their behaviour and social development is said to be 'consistently excellent'. Teaching is judged as good and occasionally outstanding.
To improve further and achieve the very highest results the 236-pupil school needs to give pupils the chance to write at length and to ensure the most able pupils are sufficiently challenged.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 3 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 7 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 10 Former Norwich City coach moves on again - after just three months
Mr Freeman said: 'I am thrilled to say our report has now been finalised and Homefield is a good school with outstanding behaviour and safety.
'Everyone has worked so hard for the past few years and it is great that their efforts have been rewarded with such a positive report. At Homefield we are so proud of our children and everything they have achieved. Over the past few years we have pushed them hard and asked a lot of them and they have never let us down.
'This great result is down to the hard work of everyone associated with the school – the children, the staff, parents, volunteers and governors.
'To achieve two such positive reports in a short space of time is particularly pleasing.
'Thanks must go to everyone involved but with particular thanks to Mr Earle and the other school governors and the support we have received from Norfolk County Council. The push for outstanding has begun.'
Do you have an education story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org