Puppy killed on Winterton beach
- Credit: Archant
A couple have been left in shock after their puppy was killed by a greyhound while they were out walking on the beach at Winterton.
Rudy, a four month old Yorkshire terrier, was killed on Tuesday at about 3.10pm as he was being walked by Teresa Walker and her husband.
The puppy, who was not on a lead, had approached a greyhound that was not wearing a muzzle and was grabbed around the throat by the older dog and shaken.
Rudy was taken to Caister Vets and was pronounced dead there.
Mrs Walker, 48 and from Thorpe Hamlet, Norwich, is now urging people to make sure their dogs are muzzled if they need to wear one.
She said: 'For some reason the greyhound was not wearing its muzzle. Rudy was the perfect puppy in every way.'
Mrs Walker is due to speak to the police on Friday about the attack, which the couple say has left them in 'total shock'.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 6 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 8 Tribute paid to much-loved dad who died in cycling accident
- 9 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 10 Norfolk to appear in TV show about world's most scenic rivers