Pupils at Aslacton run together in aid of cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Charity-minded pupils at a south Norfolk school have shown off their fitness and supported the fight against cancer at the same time.
Aslacton Primary School, near Diss, has held its own Race for Life type fundraising event on its playing field.
The race on Thursday saw all 75 pupils running, walking or jogging together in aid of Cancer Research UK, with at least £425 raised for the charity from sponsorship.
The race was the idea of a Year 3 pupil and fellow pupils, who mainly come from the Aslacton, Great Moulton and Tibenham area, staff and parents banded together to show their support.
Jenny Kirk from the school said: 'Aslacton Primary School ran, walked and jogged together to raise money for Cancer Research UK by holding their own Race for Life.
You may also want to watch:
'It has been a great opportunity for the children to have fun whilst keeping active and supporting a worthwhile cause.
'The event took place in response to a request by a Year 3 pupil.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 3 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 Seller took motorbike for one last ride – and did 119mph on NDR
'Families and friends of the school have been very generous with their sponsorship. The total raised so far is £425 and it is still rising.
'The children did fantastically well and we are so proud of them.'
Parents also joined in the Race or Life event.
The school said it was also grateful to Devlin Plummer Stained Glass and Brown's Timber for their kind support of the event by providing water bottles and t-shirts.
Donations in support on the Aslacton pupils can be made at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/AslactonPrimary
Is your school organising a charity event? Email email@example.com