Pumpkin carving goes viral at Wayford, near Stalham
- Credit: Archant
This year's Halloween celebrations created big demands, in recent weeks, for more pumpkins than ever and suppliers had difficulty keeping up with demands.
One supplier said: 'There is also a greater demand for these large and heavy fruits because the price is more reasonable and in some areas they are half the price of those sold last year.'
Taking an encouraging lead this year is a long established family business, based at Wayford, A G Meale and Sons, which has had a recent refurbishment with easy access inviting school groups and families to experience the benefits of fresh food, even supplying their own ingredients for their new coffee shop and restaurant.
This year they organised a Pumpkin Carving competition on their Facebook page – www.facebook.com/A-G-Meale-Sons-422268244532257/ - as a Halloween competition. To be in with a chance of winning a £20 voucher for their Vera Coffee shop and your choice of an Emoti mug:-
Like and share the post.
You may also want to watch:
Post a photo of your carved pumpkin in the comments box (on the original post).
Competition closes on November 5 and the winner will be announced the next day.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 9 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
- 10 New vintage store opens bigger premises