Water outages hit homes across city
- Credit: Anglian Water
A large area of Norwich has seen its water supplies affected after a pump failure.
Anglian Water teams were called to repair the issue which left a huge area of Norwich with low pressure or no water.
Customers reported no water in the city's NR2, NR3 and NR4 postcodes, as well as Taverham and the surrounding area.
Anglian Water teams were able to restart the pump but advised customers to run their taps for a few minutes if water was cloudy or discoloured.
An Anglian Water spokesman said; “Our teams have successfully restored supplies to customers following a brief pump failure which caused some customers in Norwich and surroundings areas to experience a loss of water or reduction in pressure.
You may also want to watch:
"Our teams responded quickly to the issue and managed to restore supplies within an hour. We would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused, and thank customers for their patience while we worked to get this fixed.”
The Anglian Water website crashed due to high volumes of traffic following the outage.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
Anglian Water expected to restore supplies by midday.