‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- Credit: Aaron McMillan
A woman has described her shock after seeing a blaze engulf a neighbouring flat.
Flames swept through the home on the Green Lane estate at Pudding Norton, near Fakenham, in the early hours of Sunday.
Fire crews from across mid-Norfolk tackled the blaze after shocked neighbours reported the property being well alight.
"It was ridiculous. It went up like a matchstick,” said Mrs Whyte, who chose not to give her first name, but who lives on the estate.
"I thought it was running water, heard these bangs and crashes then I looked out my back door and saw the flames. I rushed back in and called 999."
She said she saw someone jumping from a window.
"It was horrific, the flames shot up into the air at least six or seven foot," she said.
"I was dozing off when I heard him shouting 'get out, get out'."
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 5 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 6 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 7 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
At Sunday lunchtime police and firefighters remained at the house, which has been gutted and left without a roof.
An investigation has been launched into the circumstances surrounding the cause of the fire.